Here you will find practical tips and further information for your stay.
- A city full of sights
is a small town in the Saalfeld-Rudolstadt district in Thuringia. The city has a rich history and is now a popular destination for tourists from all over the world. The city reached its current size on April 9, 1994 through the incorporation of the municipalities of Lippelsdorf, Lichtenhain, Großneundorf, Gebersdorf and Buchbach.
The population of Gräfenthal
has decreased in recent years. In 1994, the city had 3,146 inhabitants, while in 2021 there are only 1,878 inhabitants.
has many sights to offer that are worth a visit. Here are some of the best sights in the city:
1. Schwarzburg Castle: Schwarzburg Castle is an impressive castle from the 18th century and is located on a hill above the city. It is surrounded by a beautiful park and offers a breathtaking view of the surroundings.
2. St. Marien City Church: St. Marien City Church is a beautiful church from the 15th century and is located in the center of the city. It is known for its beautiful frescoes and impressive organ.
3. Museum of Glass Art Lauscha: The Museum of Glass Art Lauscha is a unique museum dedicated to the history and art of glass. It shows a variety of glass objects from different eras and provides insight into glass production.
4. Thuringian Forest Nature Park: The Thuringian Forest Nature Park is a beautiful nature reserve that covers an area of more than 2,000 square kilometers. Here you can hike, bike or simply enjoy nature.
5. Rennsteig: The Rennsteig is a well-known hiking trail that stretches for 170 kilometers through the Thuringian Forest. It offers spectacular views of the landscape and leads through picturesque villages and towns.
The best hotel
The best hotel
is the Haus des Volkes - Das Bauhaushotel
. It is Thuringia's largest Bauhaus hotel, located directly on the B85 and just a short walk from the city center.
The hotel offers its guests comfortable rooms with modern amenities as well as a restaurant where you can enjoy regional specialties. There is also a bar where you can end the evening comfortably.
If you want to book at this hotel, you can get a Genius discount by signing up.
is a beautiful city with many sights and a rich cultural heritage. Whether you want to visit historic buildings or go hiking in nature - there is something for everyone to discover here! And if you are looking for a comfortable stay, then you should definitely visit the Haus des Volkes - Das Bauhaushotel
*This text has been compiled and rewritten from various sources. Unfortunately, errors and mistakes cannot be completely ruled out. Please understand if there is an error or if a sight is a bit further away. For your travel planning, please also consider other sources. Of course, we will correct any errors immediately. Feel free to send us an email with your correction suggestions. We would be very grateful for that.